Your use of MoneyandRisk.com (the “Site”) and its affiliated sites indicates your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) discussed below. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time by posting on this site. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately.
Money and Risk by Money and Risk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by contacting us at http://moneyandrisk.com or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Money and Risk provides access to its content via RSS feeds, newsletters, YouTube, and ITunes. Money and Risk allows a general license to use this content, provided that it is not modified in anyway (including the stripping of ads).
- The RSS feeds may not be cut or revised.
- The RSS feeds may not be redistributed by third-party RSS providers without our permission.
- Our disclosures and disclaimers wherever exist within the content must be included with any distribution.
- No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
- Money and Risk provides this content “as is” and shall not be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
- Our logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each page displaying our Site content.
- Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
Money and Risk frequently uses images as part of the articles written by our editors and guest authors. The types of images that our authors are authorized to use include:
- Personal images taken by the author and the copyrights are owned by the author.
- Professional images by photographers who have given Money and Risk the rights to use the images on our Site with full attribution.
- Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
- Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright of the image and confers to Money and Risk the nonexclusive web rights to use any image accepted with owner attribution.
- Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites, with an implied license for use under the Creative Commons license associated with such sites
- Images commissioned by Money and Risk or its owners
- Images under public domain
- Images used to illustrate a newsworthy story under the Fair Use doctrine
- Images so widely distributed on the internet that they are deemed to have become part of the public domain
If you think we have published an image or text that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns. We do perform extra due diligence by contacting the perceived owner of images and notify them about usage under the CC license. If the image falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use of the image is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send regular mail. In all cases, you need to follow up with us if you have not heard from us within 20 days.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image or piece of text that you wish to have removed from our site, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing material:
- Proof of copyright in the image or text concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA,
- a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
- Evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the document and email it to: legal AT moneyandrisk DOT com
OR, absent such registration,
We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights.
Money and Risk strives to provide a supportive atmosphere and encourages substantive comments that will enhance our readers’ experiences. We reserve the right to exclude comments with the following attributes:
- Money and Risk will not accept any responsibility for comments posted
- Money and Risk disclaim any advice provided by readers or authors in comments. We recommend that you check all information with your personal advisor(s).
- False and misleading claims
- Abusive languages
- Slurs, racists, defamatory, and threatening comments
- Copyright infringement
- Exposes personal and confidential information
- No relevance to the subject matter